Greater Columbus Arts Council to Host Health & Wellness Fair for Artists and the Public at 2014 Columbus Arts Festival
For immediate releaseMay 21, 2014
Contact: Jami Goldstein
Columbus, Ohio – New this year at the Columbus Arts Festival is the FREE 2014 Artist Health & Wellness Fair, presented by the Greater Columbus Arts Council (Arts Council). The fair will take place Friday, June 6 in the East, West and Mezzanine Meeting rooms at COSI, 333 W. Broad St., near the Festival grounds, from 9 a.m. – noon and is open to local and participating artists.
The Artist Health & Wellness Fair will feature vendors providing free medical screenings, activities, demonstrations, information and resources to artists and is free and open to the public.
Attendees will enjoy a free and healthy continental breakfast and five minute massages will be provided. And don’t miss the chance to win a Fitbit! The Arts Council will be raffling the wireless activity tracker at the close of the event at noon (winner need not be present).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All services provided at the event are FREE. Following is a list of the vendors that will be on site:
- Aids Resource Center of Ohio – HIV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea testing.
- Breathing Association – Blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar screenings.
- Columbus Public Health – Blood pressure screenings; info on vaccines, minority health, sexual health, walking programs and social work.
- Gray Budha Community Wellness – Tai Chi instructors will present 20 minute demos.
- Mount Carmel – Grip strength and flexibility testing, stroke team will provide general information.
- Nicole Garlando – Free five-minute sessions of body energy work.
- Movement Massage – Four massage therapists will provide five-minute massages.
- National Kidney Foundation – Will be there to discuss tests you should be asking for from your doctor and next steps if you are at risk.
- Planned Parenthood – Information on their services and locations in the community, information on preventative care and free condoms.
- Yoga On High – Information on the health benefits of yoga and will present 20 minute demos.
Festival Hours: Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7 from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Sunday, June 8 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To volunteer at the Columbus Arts Festival, please go to www.columbusartsfestival.org/get-involved/volunteer.php.
For more information on the Columbus Arts Festival, call (614) 221-8531 or visit www.columbusartsfestival.org for a complete list of artists, entertainers, stage schedules, interactive arts activities and more. The Festival website is optimized for mobile and Smartphone viewing.
The 2014 Columbus Arts Festival is sponsored by American Electric Power, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Hollywood Casino, Blue Moon Brewery Co., Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Limited Brands Foundation, Piada Italian Street Food, Pepsi, Birds Eye, Live! Technologies, Sugardaddy’s and The Westin Columbus. Media sponsors include WOSU Public Media, ABC6, The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus Monthly, Lamar Outdoor, Ohio Magazine, Orange Barrel, CD102.5, Mix 107.9, Time Warner Cable and WCBE 90.5.
About the Greater Columbus Arts Council: Through vision and leadership, advocacy and collaboration, the Greater Columbus Arts Council supports art and advances the culture of the region. A catalyst for excellence and innovation, we fund exemplary artists and arts organizations and provide programs, events and services of public value that educate and engage all audiences in our community. The Arts Council thanks the City of Columbus, Franklin County and the Ohio Arts Council for their continued support.
# # #