2020 Columbus Arts Festival Word is Art Stage
If you are a poet, storyteller, or fiction/nonfiction writer, you are invited to apply to perform on the Word is Art Stage.
If chosen, you will present your work on the stage of the Word is Art tent—a live outdoor venue at the Columbus Arts Festival. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to share your talents with a live audience. Last year, over 75 performers took to the stage. This year, you could be one of them.
Submissions are reviewed by the Festival committee and a select number of applicants are chosen. The application deadline is February 21, 2020, and auditions will be held in March. The Columbus Arts Festival dates are June 12–14, 2020.
1. Fill out the application below.
2. Attach the piece(s) you will be reading at the Festival. In consideration of the diverse attendees at the Festival, ALL WORKS must be appropriate for an audience in which children may be present. If your piece contains mature content or expletives, please edit or submit another piece.
- Poets can submit 2 to 3 poems.
- Nonfiction and fiction writers can submit up to 1200 words. This could be a short story, essay, or part of a longer work. Several short works are also acceptable.
- Storytellers can submit up to 1800 words.
3. If you wish to apply to perform in more than in category, you must submit a separate application for each genre (poetry, fiction, nonfiction, storytelling).